Google Partner Status
I am proud to announce that Web-Incite has been recognised as a Google Partner. You can view our listing here.
I have come to realise that it can be difficult for business managers to judge which digital marketing agencies are successful professionals offering good services. Google Partner Status allows a company to display the Google Partner Badge and shows a current level of competency in this confusing and rapidly changing field.
Achieving Google Partner status demonstrates that we are trained, qualified and experienced at Google PPC advertising. To earn this status we have successfully completed exams, currently manage a significant monthly spend and implement best practices in our campaigns.
As part of earning Google Partner status I have achieved AdWords certification. This is a professional accreditation that Google offers to individuals who demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced aspects of AdWords. An AdWords certification allows individuals to demonstrate that Google recognises them as an online advertising professional.
Analytics Individual Qualification
I have also gained the Google Analytics Individual Qualification. This is awarded for passing an exam that demonstrates a knowledge of digital analytics and Google Analytics.
This post is for anyone who thinks that effective Internet marketing is simply a case of achieving a top 3 position in a Google search.
As a company involved in helping people achieve advantageous search engine results we’re certainly not going to deny that a connection exists but it really is only part of the story. Pay per click advertising will get you straight to the top but unless it’s combined with a coherent marketing strategy and a well thought out website much of the money will be wasted.
On the assumption that most of us would be happy with a lesser position in the search results if sales had quadrupled I offer the following thoughts on keeping SEO in perspective.
SEO Is Just a Means to an End
SEO represents a means to an end, the end being increased business/sales/leads etc. Unfortunately it’s too easy to get so wrapped up in the SEO process that you lose sight of the actual goal. With that in mind here are 5 questions that need to be asked early in the website improvement process.
- Apart from SEO, what other marketing activities are you using?
- Do you routinely measure the success of your other marketing? Do you know where your leads currently come from?
- Once visitors arrive at your site is there a clear site structure allowing them to quickly find relevant information and is there a clear call to action encouraging them to make contact/download a brochure/make a purchase? As an aside, we’ve seen plenty of beautifully designed websites that simply fail in the job of getting potential customers to pick up the phone.
- Do you know how much it costs for each lead you get from each marketing medium you use? Are you happy/unhappy with this number? Are you looking for more leads at the same cost or would you be happy to spend more to get more leads?
- Is there a limit to the amount of business you can take on or is it simply a case of the more leads the better?
These questions aren’t definitive but they all aim to gather background information that is crucial to the success of any marketing campaign that uses the Internet. If you’re trying to improve your lead generating capabilities using the website, but don’t have a clear view of the answers to these questions then you’re really working in the dark.
Search engine marketing is an increasingly important tool but it can’t be considered in isolation from the other things that you do to drive sales.
Contact Colin@web-incite.co.uk if you’d like to discuss any of the above in more detail.
Search Engine Optimisation for the science and technology industry invariably offers the highest return on investment of any marketing campaign. In this post I aim to explain why it is such a valuable investment in today’s market and how you can assess whether your site would benefit.
As we look around and evaluate how we do business and what we can do to grow revenue and profits in the coming year it is clear that on-line marketing has a tremendous opportunity for growth. We use Google daily to research Continue reading